Friday, May 3, 2013

Lace and Braid

so i went all girly and victorian when i attended our medical school commencement exercises. the dress was originally above the knee, and since it is a no-no for me, i made a new skirt for this piece. i did the shopping of fabrics - jersey, tule, silk. i guess the sewing skills of mine have not yet rotten. :)) I and my friend, Pratima, did a sort of window shopping weeks before we left for our second community immersion. Given, thoere were lots of pretty dresses in different hues unthinkable, but it showed too much skin. We laid eyes on tons of designs but we opted for comfort. Bottomline, we did not bought any. We left each and every boutique empty handed. haha We eventually bought different dresses. Mine was modified. Few hours before I left my comfort zone, I did the sewing job. Ever wonder why I should have a dress as soon as possible? It is because the graduation woulb be on April 20 and our schedule of arrival was 19. How hectic, eh? Imagine the haggardness and mismatched skintone? I did not bother. hahaa. As long as Im comfortable with what I was wearing, I was good as celebrity. :PP

No comments:

Post a Comment